Bridges in Point Pleasant
Having a missing tooth or teeth can have a lasting effect on your confidence and oral health. Fortunately, there is a sustainable solution to improve your smile and encourage longterm oral health. For many patients who are missing teeth, a dental bridge is recommended to restore their natural smile and, in turn, boost their self-esteem.
A dental bridge connects the gap in your smile. To complete the process, your dentist will place dental crowns on both teeth that surround the hole in your smile, followed by the false tooth positioned in between. Depending on your condition, your dentist may recommend one of the following dental bridge procedures:
- Traditional Bridges are the most well-known type of dental bridge made of either porcelain, metal, or ceramics.
- Resin-Bonded Bridges are supported by a metal or porcelain framework with metal or porcelain wings on one side of the bridge bonded to your teeth.
After the dental bridge procedure, it is essential to properly care for your dental bridge and oral health for long term treatment success.
Since your dental bridge requires a solid foundation from your existing teeth, it is vital to maintain proper dental hygiene. By practicing recommended daily dental care such as brushing twice a day, flossing and using an antiseptic mouthwash, you can prevent tooth decay and protect your dental bridge. If you are unsure how to brush or floss your teeth properly, you can ask your dentist or dental hygienist to show you the precise technique. Routine dental visits will help your dentist diagnose problems at an early stage when treatment has a better chance of success.
Most patients find the natural look and feel of the bridge restores not only their oral health but also their confidence. Some common benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restoring your confidence and natural appearance of your smile
- Renewing your ability to chew and speak properly
- Sustaining the shape of your face
- Dividing the effectiveness in your bite rightly by replacing missing teeth
- Stopping remaining teeth from straying out of position
Overall, dental bridges can help you renew your oral health and boost your self-esteem for long term wellness. If you think bridges are right for you, consult with your dentist to get started restoring your smile today.